Tuesday, September 1, 2009

at 7:00 PM Tags: , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

I'm not sure if it's a current bug or an intentional mismatch on EA's behalf, but the sims you're playing, and the town folk you're not, age at different rates. While I have Max's lifespan set to epic, the other sims in town still run on normal time. Which means they're becoming elders while Max is still a young adult. Or worse, as I am currently experiencing, they're all dying!!

My last post was about Max trying to serenade Ayesha right? A nice young Ayesha - clearly young by the 'hipster' jeans she's wearing. Granted these images were taken a little while ago for me (I found them while clearing out Max's folder of images on my laptop), but we're not talking months here. If I can still remember what I was doing, then it's recent enough. Unfortunately... they were long enough for Ayesha to no longer be a possible pursuit for Max.

Photobucket

I was shocked when I saw this as I didn't even realise she was an elder! I hadn't seen her around for a while, but it quickly occurred to me that if she'd aged into her white haired, grandma clothes of retirement, I probably just didn't recognise her. I mean after all, this is Michelle Roberts now, another one of Max's romantic interests:

Photobucket

Michelle walked out of the theatre while Max was inside and my eyes just about bugged out of my head. I blogged just this past Sunday about Max's new lady friend, and in there managed to capture a shot of Michelle. That was only two days ago! And now she's an elder?

*Sudden thought* I better go check on the Melani in this town, she's probably sporting the fashionable white hair as well now...

What made Ayesha's death more confusing however, is this moodlet that Max received as soon as Ayesha died.

Photobucket

That moodlet clearly states "From Witnessing Death". Um... Max was in the middle of a concert at the time. OMG what if his rock n roll moves and deafening guitar solo's caused poor Ayesha's ticker to give out?! What if... Max killed her?! I mean obviously he didn't whack her over the head with his guitar, but still, if he wasn't having a concert she might have seen another day or two...

Poor Max has been so traumatised by this death he keeps bursting into tears every three feet. I think a lot of it might be guilt that he had not actually caught up with Ayesha for a while now. He's been throwing a lot of parties recently what with all his free time, but he's been purposely not inviting Ayesha as there's been... other female interests there and he was avoiding confrontation. And now, it's too late.

Photobucket

Max felt it best to at least go and pay his respects after the concert was over. Even thought it was 11pm at night, he would brave the trauma of the graveyard to do the right thing. I was secretly hoping he might run into her ghost there and be able to see her one last time. Unfortunately, not only was Ayesha not there, I couldn't locate her gravestone either. I remembered when poor Emily Waters lost half her family that it took her a couple of days to get down and plant the headstone, so I assume Ayesha's family (if she has any) might not be down there burying her the same night she died.

I really wish the game would take more initiative for me and invite Max to the funeral... I'd really like him to go and pay his respects to any remaining relatives. Sadly, I can't see that happening. I am a little upset I didn't get to see her die (that sounds WAY worse than how I mean it to sound). Previously when a Sim has passed in close proximity to Max, my screen has moved to where it's happening and I've watched. I thought given it was a romantic interest I might of got shown at least. I could have grieved a little myself lol.

Although we didn't see Ayesha at the Graveyard, we did meet this lovely little girl.

Photobucket

It made me a little sad to see a child ghost. I guess even sims can die of all ages. What was really interesting though was watching her walk around and the droplets of water coming off her. I guess that means she drowned? How sad...

Photobucket

The one good thing that came out of it was the happy smiley face beside Max's face in her thought bubble. Maybe the dead still get a kick out of meeting a celebrity...?

Photobucket

Max and her chatted for bit - mostly Max telling funny stories. I wonder if he felt similar to me at seeing the ghost of a child and wanted to cheer her up a bit?

The only other interesting thing we saw up there was the four headstones of the Landgrab family. I've not had any interactions with them on Max, so haven't been paying attention to what they are doing either. From the looks of it though, they've been dying...

Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Awww... poor Max! They do seem to be 'dropping like flies' now don't they! I suppose it's possible that he keeps meeting adults who are about to become elders, but it does seem odd. There seem to be a lot of 'older' adults wandering around the place. I've seen other blogs with simmers wondering the same thing; why are these townies ageing so quickly!

    I'd better get my current sim married and/or pregnant to this guy before he slips off the twig on me. *chuckles*