Tuesday, September 8, 2009

at 7:39 AM Tags: , , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

Kids age so quickly don't they? My daughter is turning two in October and I can't figure out where the time has gone. Emily must be feeling a bit the same way as Thomas has his second birthday and moves from being a toddler to a child. It feels like only last week he had his first birthday! Actually, it kinda was lol - August 23rd for us... I do have the life span setting on long for The Waters Family, where as I play on Epic on all my others, which is why it's come about so quick. I thought it might be interesting to have things churn a long a little quicker with this family and see what that's like.

I couldn't imagine having any shorter life span though, how do others even get to know their sims, let alone have them live long enough to achieve anything significant or tell a story?

Unfortunately, Emily couldn't afford any presents for Thomas. She is so broke at the moment, poor Thomas was going to have to test the comfortability of the sofa to sleep on, but thankfully a child and parent sim can share the same bed, so Thomas just has to sleep with his mum lol. His bed will have to be purchased after Emily's shift on Monday. Sorry Thomas.

The good thing though is Thomas FINALLY got some hair! Thank goodness for that. Two bald toddlers was bad enough, I didn't want to imagine a bald child as well. That said, he's still a very ugly sim LOL! The hair did not help his cause...

Photobucket

Like all my sims, I video record their milestones. The Waters family is no exception to that little luxury. Nothing really interesting happened for poor Thomas. In fact, nearly every guest had a go at the "stand in the way" game... grrr.

By the way, you'll notice a long silence gap at the end. I forgot that you can have the ability to pick the childs traits, and the window that popped up through me. I'm actually surprised I got to pick them for Thomas since he only learned to walk yesterday LOL, so Emily is hardly a model parent. I've also not read him any books and mostly left him to his own devices when it came to keeping himself entertained.

I also ended up stuffing up and exiting out of the window and didn't end up picking any trait at all. Another thing that surprised me - I didn't think you could have a child Sim with only two traits... Thankyou to @mcCutcheon on Twitter for helping me out with the testingCheatsEnabled true cheat that allowed me to pick Thomas his third trait: Computer Whiz. Although looking at his face, perhaps I should have followed in Adrian's footsteps and chosen Evil?

For those interested, here's the video of the "big day"... the big let down if you ask me. Poor guy.


0 comments: