Monday, September 14, 2009

at 7:00 PM Tags: , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

With all the luck the Waters family have had repairing broken electrical items themselves, I had an uneasy panic set in when I realised they didn't have enough money to call the repairman to fix the broken computer. The computer is the lifeblood of the house - Emily uses it to write her books, Thomas hacks other people's computers and Susie recently discovered the joys of trolling forums. I couldn't leave it broken.

I weighed up the household members to see who I would be willing to risk the most. All three of them had the exact same skill level when it comes to repairs - zero, so there was no weight with that. It basically came down to who I was willing to lose if the unthinkable occurred.

Emily was too large a risk. I had no idea if the kids would be able to continue without both parents given the eldest is only a teen and I don't believe you can begin a family with anything younger than a young adult. If Emily did follow in her husbands footsteps, the kids would most likely be shipped off to an orphanage. That could potentially end the Waters family as we know it and leave me unable to continue playing them. Too big a risk.

I considered making Thomas do it as he's the one that got it broken in the first place (due to his hacking), but he's also the only family member to not have had anything really major happen to him. I realise that loosing both your father and grandfather is traumatic, but he's not lost his life partner, and hasn't age-leaped ahead 10 or so years.

Which brings me to Susie, the other option. There wasn't really a lot going for her in the 'save' column which must have made her nervous. Then again, the poor girl's been through enough already, did we really want to inflict more pain and suffering on top of that?

My husband solved my dilemma pretty quickly, "Susie's already f#@ked as it is, use her." LOL! Thanks hunny. The poor girls lost her father, her grandfather, competely missed her childhood and because the only older-younger sister I know of. Yeah, the poor girl was pretty screwed up lol

So I chose Susie. I watched and waiting with baited breath to see if this would be the 3rd family member to die by electrocution while repairing a household item. You know they say everything happens in 3's right? Well...



Waahoo!!

3 comments:

  1. Aw frabbit! Now I'm really frustrated that my cellphone won't play the video. :-( What happened?

  1. Phew!

  1. OMG! Love the background music! <3
    It was truly like watching a suspense movie! XD