Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I think my regret for not choosing the evil trait for Thomas might be justified. Although, I would never have known this without picking the Computer Whiz trait in the first place, so perhaps fate was helping out there? What I can see is the beginnings of a very interesting story Thomas is going to tell...

Rising at 4am in the morning, Thomas was the only sim awake. After polishing off some left over pancakes, he decided to jump onto the computer while it was free. Emily has been making use of it at night times in an attempt to finish her first book and get started on the next. The house hold finances are very tight (hello lack of enough beds) and she's desperately trying to hold on. It's the driving force she's been needing to move on from memories of the past.

When Thomas jumped on however, I discovered an interesting new option:

Photobucket

Hack? Hrm... Of course I have to click that!!

The computer screens that followed had me zooming in very quickly! The green command like box image was kinda cool, but when I noticed the image behind it, looking very government like, I kinda got a little nervous. I had these images flashing in my head of the house being bombarded with FBI like sims and little Thomas being halled away while Emily was woken from her sleep with no clue as to what was happening.

Thankfully nothing that drastic occurred, although time will tell if my images were more predictions than fears! I have to give it to the kid though - hacked in on his first attempt!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The coolest thing (not that crime is ever cool kids!!) is that you can apparently make money as a hacker. I got a message pop up that Thomas had added $10 to the family funds. This made little dollar signs flash up in my own eyes lol, finally a second source of income. No matter how small, this was going to help out!

I can't decide if I will let Emily know of his little trick and have her play co-conspirator to his evil little ways, or if he will hide it and keep it a secret for now. I see the hiding and secret keeping as more of a teenager thing, and he's discovered this ability as a child, children can be more honest.

One thing I do know is that I will definitely have to give Thomas the evil trait next birthday. Perhaps it could be a male gene thing...?

Photobucket

Look at that - hacking completed all before the school bus has arrived!

5 comments:

  1. hehe... yeah I was very surprised too when I first hacked (my first sim had computer whiz so I found out quite early). But beware, sometimes they get you and - I won't spoil it for you, but the fbi doesn't come :) also, you can only hack at night!

    have fun :)

    hm, I never tried evil... maybe soon.

  1. Not bad for a kid too! Kinda dissapointing the FBI doesn't come breaking through the front door haha... oh well. I'll have to keep testing to see what happens.

    And yeah, discovered you can only hack at night. Going to prove difficult for a child who needs his sleep for school...

  1. sorry to spoil it for you, but.. if you get caught... you're gonna lose money!
    yup, some of your hard earned money... is gonna fly away...

  1. Bah don't spoil it!!! I would have found out eventually.

  1. I'm really curious to see how Thomas grows up!