Thursday, September 10, 2009

at 9:52 AM Tags: , , , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

I announced last night that Susie had her birthday and aged from a happy toddler into a grumpy child right? Well apparently she had a fair bit to be grumpy about - she was not going to have a childhood!!

I had logged out during the middle of her party the other night after she aged up. I had seen all I needed to, so left the party in progress to get some much needed sleep. I logged back in tonight to the party still in progress. Not 30 seconds into play and my camera jumps from Emily over to Susie and I see everyone whirring the party things above their head. This brings on much confusion.

Confusion is quickly replaced by shock and bugged out eyes as Susie ages AGAIN! That's right, this is what I'm staring at right now...

Photobucket

That right there in the middle (in front of the fat sim looking looking to eat her) is dear little Susie. Oh. My. God!! What a bloody annoying glitch!!

What am I going to do?! I've googled till I can google no more and there is no real answer to rewind her age. There are mods I can install to do it, but from everything I've read of them, not only are they a bit tricky to install (and can override default files), but can also be tricky to use. I was hoping for some itty bitty little cheat to rewind it, but no such luck. Ironically, this glitch happens 24 hours after I had to use my first sim altering cheat ever (to set Thomas' trait I missed). Coincidence or Karma?!

I'm really stumped as how to continue with this. Susie is the baby of the two kids, the second born that now towers over Thomas. It's thrown everything out of whack!

I've got a couple of options that I can see...
  1. Just go ahead and continue playing as is - that is with Susie now a teen and completely skipping her childhood. I could blame it on the trauma of half her family being zapped into oblivion and the need to grow up quickly. After all, she was only 2 days behind her brother in age anyway, so wouldn't be too hard to accept I guess.

  2. I could use another cheat and age up Thomas as well. Completely skip their childhoods and continue playing from teenage years. Of course if I do that, then I've kinda got to age up Emily from young adult to adult them as it wouldn't really be realistic to have a young adult with two teenage children.

    That of course brings in a snowball effect. One bad cheat doesn't deserve another...

  3. I could kill of Susie... or at the very least move her out of the house. My gut feeling goes against this however. I don't like purposely killing off any sims, and aren't ready to just disown her yet....
So, what do I do? I need LOTS of help with this please lol.

8 comments:

  1. I think you should just go on. The theory that she grew up way too fast in the face of adversities works well.

  1. I would say leave her be and leave Thomas alone.

  1. I vote for option 1 as well :)

  1. Awesome!! Three votes for the same option lol, that makes it nice and easy.

  1. I say, go ahead with option #1!!!
    But, i would recall another history for her aging glitch :P
    Let's say, the Grim Reaper abducted Susie and when she managed to came back to earth from Limbo, she has aged, because passed several years abducted by the Grim Reaper in that dimension... meanwhile on earth time haven't passed by...
    (And is obvious that Grim Reaper have some serious issues/troubles with this family..)

  1. I vote for just rolling with it. There's been SO much that has happened to this poor family (my favourite of your families btw), what's another bit of drama lol.

    Geez I can't wait to see what happens next!!

  1. LOL chiaopi! Yes the Grim Reaper is getting familiar with this family and appears to have a bit of a grudge lol, I don't believe there's any aliens in Sims 3 just yet...

  1. Oh dear... that is a nasty, nasty glitch!

    In the absence of a cheat to fix it I'd go with option number 1 as well. Play it out and see what happens. I can't wait to read! *smiles*