Friday, September 11, 2009

at 7:40 PM Tags: , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

The Waters Family has already proven to the most interesting, dramatic families I play. We've had the insane sims, the double death by electrocution, two babies very close together and a fist fight between Emily and Grandpa... when he was alive, she didn't dig him up to have one last say or anything!

With all of this in mind, I've decided to just roll with the latest twist in the story and let Susie continue living as the older-youngest child. While it does make it feel like the family has jumped ahead and I've missed a huge chunk of their life, there will be plenty more chances to watch kids grow up in game. Melani already has a couple, and I have NO plans what so ever to stop playing The Waters either, so I'm sure there will be more sim babies to come. I'd like Emily to have some more since she has the "raise 5 babies to teenage" wish, and there's always grand-kids via Susie and Thomas and further generations.

So yes, for the time being, I will just continue playing along. If by some miracle a fix comes along that can revert her age, I'll deal with that then. But otherwise, I'm just going to mark it down as another one of those things this family has to deal with.

Of course, they are all taking it completely in their stride. There was a bit of confusion around bed arrangements as I still had Susie's cot in Emily's room, and no big girl bed for her to sleep in. Three in the bed isn't possible in the Sims, and Emily didn't really have any money to do anything about it. Thankfully after selling the cot and rearranging a few things, Emily was able to afford one single bed, which would go to Susie as she was now the oldest and needed to be sleeping on her own. Thomas is just going to have to endure the co-sleeping arrangement with Emily for the time being.

Thomas hasn't even batted an eyelid at the fact his little sister is now his older sister. Even when she walks around in nothing but her underwear and her, um, noticeably enlarged chest area.

Photobucket

When I realised that Emily was now at school, I thought perhaps she could help Thomas with his school work. But then I also remembered that she's missed her entire junior years and watched her struggle more. Perhaps the tutoring will be the other way round, how embarrassing.

Photobucket

Since Thomas finished his homework first, and he wasn't quite ready for bed, I let him jump on the computer for some free time. Emily was still at work so the kids kinda ran loose a bit - however, yay at no babysitter fees anymore! The household funds might actually start increasing shortly. Which will come in handy should a bail amount be set for Thomas...

Photobucket

Oopsie!

3 comments:

  1. Oops!
    i forgot beside losing money, that happen too!
    But with an young adult sime that had the computer whiz trait, happened more the losing money issue and just got broken one time the computer...

  1. LOL they do look comfortable sitting there in their underwear lol.

  1. Oh yes, and forgot to add, really happy you're leaving Susie as is. I think it brings a great twist to the story line, and I really didn't want to see her killed off.

    I can't wait to read more of what happens to this family!