Sunday, September 13, 2009

at 7:08 PM Tags: , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

Melani and Hal have always had a 'thing' for each other. I've blogged many a times about the fact these two just can't seem to stay apart. Or, more correctly, Melani can't seem to stay away from Hal. It doesn't seem to matter which city she's in, she gets really attached to her men! (The version in Max's city she's really attached to Max even though she's married there...)

I've been really good at keeping these two apart however. She's not called Hal, and not invited him to any of the parties except the children's birthday (after all, they are his kids). Instead, Melani's spent most of her time trying to find another suitable man to call her own, and waisting most of that effort on Jebidiah. Last night though, after Ricky's birthday party, she had a wish pop up...

Photobucket

This caused a momentary internal debate for me. I've always let my Sims tell me the story, yet, this is Hal... and Hal's a cheat that has kids all over town. Ok, one other child apart from Melani's... but still! "That Child" was conceived WHILE Melani was pregnant!! And that's a hard thing for a woman to move past. Ever.

But, it is her life, her story. Who am I to stand in her way? I would do my best to fulfill her wish.

A factor I wasn't aware of until after the wish had come up, is this little surprise.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now remember, sims don't get the flu, they don't get stomach bugs, and even if the food they eat is so unevenly cooked that it gives them a negative moodelet, they never get food poisoning. So what is the ONLY reason a sim throws up? Yup... pregnancy.

My mind quickly scanned the previous few sim days trying to work out how this happened. Then it hit me. Remember the wild birthday party that Melani threw for Ricky? How it was so wild and so messy that the cleaner had a really big job the next day putting the house back together? That was it! See the party went until 3am in the morning and Hal... spent the night! It was too late to go home, he'd had a bit to much cake and he needed to crash there. And there was no couch sleeping involved.

I swear, all Melani has to do is touch Hal and she gets pregnant! Because of this tid bit of information, I figured there was more to her wish than I first realised. With two children already to this man, and another on the way, I can understand her fear of going at it alone and wanting to try to make it work with Hal. I would make this wish come true!

Frustratingly, the actual act of getting him to move in was a little trickier than I expected. I assumed, since they had children and a long standing on again off again relationship, that it would be a simple case of asking. Nope, no option. So I started doing romantic interaction after romantic interaction. I figured it had been a while since they got together, so perhaps she needed to show Hal she was still keen? After 15 minutes of this and still no 'move in' option, I was getting annoyed. I had the 'get married' option, but hold your horses! I want to see how it goes living with this guy before we take that big of a step.

After a bit of googling, I found out that the move in option is actually under the Friendly tab, not the romantic one. So I switched to a couple of friendly interactions and the option popped up pretty quickly. I'm not sure if their already high relationship status affected how quickly that became available or not, but it only took about 3 interactions.

Hal didn't even hesitate and before I even realised she's finished asking, I am presented with the following screen:

Photobucket

Now, this image actually threw a bit of a spanner in the works. See, I was asking Hal to move in, but as that screen indicates, there is also his "other child" Muhammad needing a home. This prompts me to realise that Muhammad's mother is no longer in the scene - either she moved away, abandoned the child to Hal or, perhaps, died. I didn't think to go and check the graveyard to check if the third option was true, I might have to do that, but for now I'll assume she discovered that Hal had fathered other children to Melani and left. A little less morbid possibility.

Which means... what do I do with Muhammad?

I can't very well leave him on his own, he's just a toddler by the looks of it. I can only assume that he'd be put into the orphanage if I didn't allow him to come with me. And, if I'm correct in my assumption that his mother left them, how could I then take his father as well? No, I knew deep down already that I would have to bring Muhammad over as well and allow him to live side by side with his half brothers. This wasn't ideal of course, but you make do with the situations life throws at you right?

So, over he comes with Hal and the house grows by two.

Photobucket

Muhammad is going to have to sleep in with Ricky for the time being as Melani doesn't have enough money to add on yet another room at this stage. I figured Ricky's room was a better option out of the two boys as he is younger so likely to get along better, and he's also a book worm so will be happy to just stick to himself. Seth is trying to write his own books and he's older, so he needs to be in his own room.

Once I clicked ok and everything shifted around a bit, I was pleasantly surprise to see that Hal brought some money over to the household which was nice. I would use that to provide a room for Muhammad. The happiness that money brings however, quickly ended. It was with a drop in my stomach that I moused over and saw Hal's lifetime wish...

Photobucket

All of a sudden everything made sense. And in that same instance, I started to wonder what the hell I had just done...

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. September 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM  
    Jenie212 from Twitter. said...

    OMG, Melani is a masochist. She's too kind, even to a heartbreaker like Hal.

  1. OMG poor Melani!! After all that this rat has put her through, she now finds out he's basically a womanizer.

    But hey, at least this family has brought an interesting twist to it though lol. Weren't you just saying that they were boring? haha sorry, shouldn't laugh lol

  1. LOL yes she is. I was so heartbroken for her when I saw Hal's lifetime wish. She spent all that time trying to find another man and that didn't happen. So settles for Hal and this is what she cops lol.

    Poor girl...

  1. I swear, Hal is nothing but trouble. At least she can keep a better eye on him now.. maybe... >.<

  1. And Melani was so nice as to take in his child as well. She's way too nice for her own good. I hope for her sake that Hal pulls his socks up and does right by her!

    I'll be watching to see how this story unfolds now.

  1. Aww! I'm sorry for poor Melani!
    But at least that pig of Hal dont want to KILL HER!
    I stopped playing my poor Goth girl, since i messed up her life and 'forced her' to start a relationship with the 'Maid man' hehehe... she got pregnant and asked to this guy to marry an all...
    when he moved in... i discovered his life time wish was:
    GOLD DIGGER! He wants to see the ghost of HIS RICH SPOUSE!
    Ouch!

  1. Haha ouch! That is bad!! Yes I should be thankful he doesn't want to kill her lol.

  1. hehe, i know...
    but I'm gonna make sure my Keiko asks this guy to fix all the stuff in the house... maybe if she's lucky enough can get him death by electrocution! >:D
    Her husband truly deserve it!