Saturday, September 12, 2009

at 7:58 AM Tags: , , Posted by Soapinatrix

Melani decided last night to renovate her house. Baby Ricky is fast approaching his next birthday, in which he will move out of the cot in Melani's room and hopefully, into a room of his own. I considered making him share with Seth, but Seth's coming into his own and developing new friendships with Dr Evil's child, so will likely want his own space. Plus, Melani's rising through the Medical career line quite well and brings home enough money to afford the children their own rooms. So why not hey?

The renovation actually came about after a new purchase of Melanis - a bright red Prias! Although the neighboured is fantastic, you never know when a less than desirable might pass through town and she wasn't going to risk her car getting pinched. It needed a garage! Unfortunately, there was no room for a proper garage after she added on a bedroom when her Grandma moved in a while ago.

After umming and aahing for a bit, she decided to move the wall of Grandma's room to make way for the garage. This then made Grandma's room too small so she moved everything out, knocked out the wall between the lounge room/dining/bedroom and made it one large living area. Converting Seth's bedroom into Melani's personal bathroom was an easy decision to make, which meant the other bathroom was just a double up so it was torn down.

That left the household down two bedrooms and a bathroom for everyone else to use.

I considered extending out into the backyard, but Melani's lifetime wish is to raise at least 5 children, and kids need space to run. She figured it would be better to go up rather than back - leave the backyard for a swimming pool and other entertainment ideas. Or, just a place for the kids to go nuts. So last night, I started construction on my first two story home in The Sims 3!!

It's not finishes yet by any means, it seems that $9,000 doesn't go as far as I thought when it comes to renovations. But it's looking ok so far...

Ok, so images! First, we have the front and back views:


Photobucket
Photobucket

The newly renovated living area which was three rooms prior:
Photobucket

The new view of the kitchen. I have to say, I love that you can have double width stairs easily with The Sims 3. And that I can put them between two walls like I did, I really like how that looks! I just wish there was an easy way to have stairs with a bend in them. Oh well.
Photobucket

Going up the stairs, this is the upper area. Nothing to it at the moment because I ran out of money by this point lol. That will eventually extend to include a bathroom, another bedroom for Ricky, and another living area for the kids to go nuts in.
Photobucket

And lastly... Melani's new bathroom area. Check out how big it is!! I wish there were furniture items you could buy that resembled a walk in wardrobe, because I'd love to include one. Just something with a rail and clothes hanging off it. Hats to hand on the walls, shoes etc. Instead I'll just live with the ginormous bathroom!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!

  1. I have to agree!
    The house looks so good so far!
    I like what you did with the entrance!