Thursday, September 3, 2009

at 10:22 PM Tags: , , , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

Death is in the air around Max's town and sims are dropping like flies! I mentioned recently that my town sims are aging way too fast - faster than Max is that's for sure. Still in the prime of his life as a young sim (although teetering on the brink of having to grow up into a adult), his recent encounters with Blair seem to have been too little too late. Blair is now an elder! :( I got quite annoyed at this as Melani, who I'm trying to move away from, appears to be aging at the same rate as Max, yet everyone else is not. I need to track her down when she's around Eric (her husband remember...) and see if he's the same age as her, or if he's an Elder too.

This really is quite annoying that everyone is aging so quick. Not only does it make relationships outside Max's household nearly impossible for any length of time, I'm continuously coming into contact with sims I've never even heard of before. I feel like every adventure into town is like his first. So many new faces...

Of course, in with the new can only mean one thing - out with the old. I'm not seeing any new houses popping up, and the younger sims need somewhere to live. Tonight, in the space of about 3 hours playing time, I witnessed two sims passing. Ironic since I got given this opportunity not five minutes into playing...

Photobucket

At first I thought I would take a trip up to the graveyard and borrow Ayesha. However now I'm thinking I'll just wait around a bit and pick up the remains of the next one to drop...

I managed to capture videos of the two sims that passed tonight, and I'm glad I did as I found the first one quite amusing. I've never seen a ghost beg for his life before hehe. That amusement was quickly replaced by surprise as a picnic rug was placed before the poor guys remains had settled lol!



I kinda hit the video key automatically as soon as I saw the poor guy sparkling. I knew something interesting was about to happen and, sadistically, assumed it was death lol. That same reaction came in very handy when townie number 2 passed away as it allowed me to discover and record that the Grim Reaper is apparently, not a fan. I'm surprised he's not into the rock n roll. I thought he would have been right into the hard rock, head banging, heavy metal scene. Perhaps he likes the calming sounds of classical instead? Who knows...

Tonight was also the first time I got to interact with the Grim Reaper which was cool. Poor Emily tried when Adrian died, hoping she could bargain (or beg) to have him brought back to life, but no such luck. Funny enough, she didn't try too hard when Grandpa sim died LOL. I tried with Max when the guy in the park died and got nothing, but this time I got one option - scare. How ironic that you can scare death.

Did I? Well you have to watch and see...



I LOVED the two thumbs down the Grim Reaper gives Max when he sees him lol (right before the scare), I thought that was hilarious. It also helped me justify scaring him haha. I got the option to scare twice (which you can see I did), and then I wasn't able to interact with him anymore. Interesting that I got those interaction options and then nothing. The chatting between the two was not controlled by me, I was simply a spectator. I had to laugh at the uncomfortable silence after haha, that was awesome!

So there you have it, the Grim Reaper doesn't think much of Max. That does not bode well for when it's his time to cross over...


0 comments: