Wednesday, September 2, 2009

at 9:39 AM Tags: , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

The other night when Max visited the graveyard to pay his respects to Ayesha, I couldn't find her grave. This was the first time I've ever had a town sim die that I cared about enough to visit, so I wasn't real sure on how it all worked. Last night though - I found her grave!

Apparently it's up to me to maintain the graveyard, there are no groundskeeper Willies in The Sims. Which means if you've have any sims die in your neighbourhood, then it's up to YOU to plant the headstones and manage your town graveyard. I kinda stumbled upon this by accident.

See, Max had a wish to visit the graveyard, which, being the loving caring person I am, happily fulfilled - during the day time this time lol. I did a quick visual sweep of the lots and once again, couldn't find Ayesha. I figured there must be a way to locate her, so clicked on the catacomb in the middle. Doing so gave me the an option to Manage the Dead. I had no idea what this might mean so clicked it.


Max disappeared inside and I swallowed a little lump in my throat. I'm not really ready to lose him to some life altering scare, so wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully nothing that drastic happened - after a few seconds this is what popped open.

Photobucket

That's the headstones of every town sim that's died so far. Apparently the loving family members simply drop the deceased off at the front gates like the kids did in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. It's up to us to put them in a good spot. Nice.

It gets better though - it's apparently also up to me to engrave everyone's headstones. Even the sims who were already dead and buried before I came to town! What sort of uncaring, heartless people bury their dead without so much as a "you will be missed..." ?

Then again, maybe not are all so loved? I left all headstones as the default message that popped up - this was one of them.

Photobucket

I chose a very nice spot for Ayesha to be placed, and engraved her stone with something a little more personal to Max. I then stepped away from the monitor for a moment so Max could say his goodbye's and have one last good cry without feeling emasculated in front of me. I did quickly sneak a couple of shots though as my hubby has commented on how detailed their facial expressions can be so wanted to show these beauties.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Poor guy, he's really greaving over Ayesha. Or maybe he's just upset he never managed to lure her into bed before she passed LOL. Oooh, I'm bad. Ok, leaving the poor sooky man alone for now...


And damnit, now I want to go hire Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead...

0 comments: