Sunday, September 20, 2009

at 7:20 PM Tags: , , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Child number #3 on the way, and again, Melani goes into labour at night not long after crawling into bed. At 3am last night, it was all stations go as another family member was about to make their arrival. Notice the stereotypical uselessness of the male species as Hal ran on the spot, pulled a few hairs out and generally doesn't know what to do. Granted, he was never there for any of the other pregnancies lol, but that doesn't excuse him!

I'm not sure if it was because Melani had her last baby Ricky in the hospital, or if she knew something was different about this labour, but I didn't get the option to have a home birth. Instead, she just drove herself to the hospital without any interaction from me. Good one Hal - who lets their in labour partner drive?!



What's worse than letting the mother drive herself to the hospital while you ride shotgun? How about the part towards the end of the video where Hal gets out of the car, runs around to the hospital entrance and then stands directly in front of Melani blocking her path? I mean WHO DOES THAT?! I wanted to lurch through my computer monitor and shake him until his eyeballs spun. *mutters away about stupid men*

While Melani and Hal were inside delivering their third child together, I anxiously paced the footpath waiting to hear that everything was ok. I had sent Melani to the doctors during her pregnancy for a check up in the hopes of being able to find out the sex of the child she was having. I have been hoping for a girl what with two boys already and now the introduction of Muhammad. Unfortunately I got no such information and instead had to wait patiently to find out with everyone else. By the way, does anyone know how you do find out the sex of your unborn child?

After a few nerve racking minutes, the message pops up, I read over and it's...a.... boy. What the?! Nooo, I wanted a girl! Another boy, that makes FOUR BOYS?! oh my goodness!! Ok, so pick a name... a boy name... damnit I didn't have any boy names ready.

After racking my poor tired brain, I ended up using Patrick after Mr Swayze himself, my little tribute. I'm a female, therefor I love Ghosts and Dirty Dancing lol.

While I sat there wondering how long it would take Melani to get pregnant again since Hal is now living with her. I mean, when they weren't living together she ended up pregnant anytime he came over pretty much. And now he's there all the time. Hopefully my wish for a girl won't go unheard for too long.

As Melani exited the hospital doors, my game paused and I was confused when the request to name the baby popped up again. Huh? Didn't it save last time? What's going on..... oh wait a minute!! TWINS?? As I scanned across to the family member line up, I could see there already was one baby showing, so this was another baby!

Photobucket

Now I know why Melani rushed off to the hospital! She must have known something was going to be different with this birth. (I'm assuming perhaps you can't have twins at home?)

As I read over the text, and realised it wasn't just twins, but twin boys, I started to feel really sorry for Melani lol. That means she's got four boys to Hal, and Muhammad makes five boys in the house. Oh my GOD!!

Moments later Hal followed Melani out of the hospital carrying Michael. Together the family went home as I tried to work out how I'd fit two cots into the master bedroom. unfortunately, I can't. One of the poor babies will have to sleep in the hall tonight lol. I might look at rearranging something so either the twins share a room together, or I can somehow fit both cots in the main bedroom.

After all, they've just spent four days in the womb together lol, I can't separate them now...

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. have her eat a watermelon :) --> girl
    (apples --> boy)

  1. Yeah, but I don't like to influence what she has. I like to leave as much up to chance as possible. After all, eating a watermelon doesn't mean a girl in real life so... =p

  1. Oh goodness, those boys are going to run her ragged. I hope Hal gets his act together and becomes more helpful around the house!

  1. I agree with mccutcheon, i know in real life the apple/watermelon thingy doesn't work that way... but we know that actually is possible to force a bit things with the dates of the cycle ;)
    So... why not to give it a try? if not, Melanie is gonna end up raising a baseball team! LOL