Wednesday, September 2, 2009

at 7:04 PM Tags: , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

Max is the first of my sims to have money, and I have to say, it's a VERY nice feeling! As mentioned recently, he acquired enough savings to buy into his favourite diner. Last night he decided it was time to move house and start living the proper rock style life.

Like pretty much all my sims, Max started out in the trailer park when he first moved to town. I kind of consider them rental trailers - a simple roof over a sims head when they first move to town. After a while though, the neighbours were getting annoyed at the noise created by all his parties, and it was getting a bit too cramped to have good ones anyway. So Max moved...

At the time, I was moving him more out of necessity than desire. I've mentioned it a couple of times now, but I'm so enjoying the actual play aspect of the game, I'm not concerning myself with building like I used to in previous sims games. Instead, with number 3, I'm slapping together very simple houses that 'make do' and nothing much more. Melani has had her house expanded as needed - a room for her grandma, another for the kids etc, but that's pretty much the best I've done. I've actually considered seeking out player made houses to use simply because I don't want to spend the time doing it myself. And I've NEVER used a player house before... ever.

Not wanting to spend time looking for the right house lol, Max was treated like all my other sim building a house - I threw up four walls, a roof and made sure his bathroom had a door. I didn't mean to make it so square, I was simply after a lot of space - Max needs room to bust his moves. When I looked at the completed job (5 minutes after I started it), I shrugged, adopted it as an old shed, barn or perhaps vacant warehouse and resumed playing. That seemed rather rockstar-ish to me. It'd do...

Photobucket

Now that Max is making a bit of money however, it's time to improve his living conditions. I had actually completely forgot you could collect money from the town businesses that you own shares in until I clicked to go to the diner for something to eat and saw the "collect money" option. A very easy $820 landed right in Max's pocket. Sweet!

I had also held two concerts over the weekend at the local stadium and was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of money made from those was significantly more than the previous gigs at the theatre. I had actually hoped it would be given the size difference. Max made $1,245 at his Friday night concert, and $1,497 on his Saturday night. Very nice, and much better than the $400 - $700 from the theater!

Being on a bit of a roll that weekend, and noticing I could once again hold an autograph session, I decided to end Max's busy weekend with another signing. After all, the last one netted me almost $2000, and I'm pretty sure I accidentally ended that one early. Let's see if I could do better...

Photobucket

Veeeeery nice! Definitely time to upgrade his living quarters!

Instead of just renovating his existing house, I decided that I would do this right and move him to a bigger lot. Upon scanning the town I found the perfect place!

Photobucket

I remember seeing this lot ages ago when I was checking out the town. I had completely forgotten about it until last night. It was so perfect for a rock star! Not only is it the most prestige lot in the entire town (I think so), it allows me to build my house right up against that huge rock there, that just screams privacy and all things good. That lot was made for Max!

And check out his backyard view!!!

Photobucket

This house will be my first real attempt at building in The Sims 3, and I have to say, so far so good. It was all starting to cost more than I had expected, so the house is no where near completed yet. I've only worked on the two bedrooms and the garden that divides them last night. When I noticed I was really low on cash I quickly finished off the walls so I could at least put a roof on the house. Hence the small size and lackluster kitchen/dining area at the moment. Once I have more money, that's the first thing that will be expanded.

Photobucket

My absolute favourite part of the house so far, and the part that sapped all my house funds, is the pond and garden area that the main bedroom, spare bedroom and current dining area open up on to.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

How awesome is that?! I'd LOVE to have something like that outside my bedroom window.

After the last piece of furniture was placed, Max was finally allowed to rest. Somehow the movers lost a couch which I am really annoyed at (just disappeared from the lot), but oh well, what can you do?

Time to go make some more money so I can keep building!!

Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. Max is really moving up in the world. That's a beautiful lot; I've never found that one before, but I'll certainly be looking around for it! ;-)

    That pond is magnificent! It's the first thing I noticed in the picture. I hope Max realises what a lucky sim he is *chuckles*