Monday, August 10, 2009

at 8:37 PM Tags: , , Posted by Soapinatrix

So I FINALLY got back onto the Sims tonight and decided that Melani would be the first family I check up on. I find it slightly amusing that the family I started to really dislike, the same one that prompted me to create other Sims to play, is not only the first one I go back to, but the one I feel the most attached to. It's the added help that comes from an Elder living in the house, just makes it all so much easier.

I decided that Seth had been a toddler for long enough, and Ricky was well and truly ready to take his place. Ricky only had 6 days left until he was due to age up anyway, and given I play on Epic (960 days), that's not too bad.

I set up the party (ie placed a few balloons) and called over some friends. No kid friends as the children never leave the house, or perhaps Seth's just bitten any children he's ever met. (See this post to understand that weirdness...) Either way, the poor kids were going to have to make do with nothing but adults at their birthday party.

I actually tried to age Ricky first, but for some reason, Melani wouldn't bring him to the cake. I got the message pop up that he was having a party, but it just never happened. I've fallen victim to the multiple birthday glitch before when you try again to make them blow out candles (my poor young husband because an elder - completely skipping adult - in a previous family.) Not wanting that to happen again, I moved onto Seth's cake...




Unfortunately the movie cuts out RIGHT as he ages which is really annoying. I guess I need to check the settings. But it's probably for the best, he really isn't the best looking kid the poor bugger. And surprising too as I actually thought he was a pretty cute toddler.

Melani

Once your kids reach child stage you get to pick their Lifetime Wish. I wasn't actually paying the proper attention to it at the time, and this is the first time I've had to choose in game so have the gut feeling that I've stuffed it up for him. But that's what first kids are for right? Practice...

Anyway, the Lifetime Wish offered to Seth was:

Illustrious Author
Traits to get this Lifetime Wish: Artistic, Bookworm, Loner
Goal: Master both painting and writing skills
Tips: This is an easy one. Artistic and Bookworm will pay off here. Your Sim will make a lot of good money staying at home. Consider taking the loner trait to combat loneliness. Couch potato helps writers too, who must sit on their butts all day.

Working against him already are his current 3 traits: Ambitious, Friendly and, um, athletic. LOL! Me thinks I'm going to have to find a way to change that wish...

0 comments: