Monday, August 31, 2009

at 8:25 AM Tags: , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

I've heard a few times of other players buying parts of business in town but had yet to see the option or do it myself. In fact, I didn't even know how to do it until the other night. Of course, it's as easy as selecting the option on the menu choices when it appears. I'm not sure if it appears after you reach level 10 in your career path, or perhaps how many times you visited that particular place because the first (and currently only) business that offered me part shares was the local diner - a place Max eats at every day.

Photobucket

I had no plans to buy into any of the businesses for Max. But when the opportunity was placed in front of him, I decided why not. After all, how many real life celebrities are involved in those Hard Rock Cafes? And ironically, this is a cafe. Also, as mentioned, Max has eaten there nearly every day of his life so far - it's only now that he's starting to eat at the more up market bistro as he's more aware of his figure and thinks that perhaps having everything deep fried or close may not the best for his figure. Because he's now the big star and no longer running around after them instead, he's not burning off as much calories. No one really likes a fat rock star...

He also feels like he knows the owners and it just felt like something he would like to be apart of. Plus... who can so no to passive income?

Photobucket

The only downside to buying in is that it used the last of my money (left me with $62) so I can't really get started on the house extensions that I had planned, but I figured Max can slum it for a bit longer.

I haven't decided if I'm going to buy out the other partners, although I am considering it. I just don't know if that means more work of responsibility for Max or not - like if he owns it and something goes wrong, will he be held responsible? I part hope so, but that also makes me hesitant to take that sort of responsibility on board.

I also haven't decided if I'll start buying into more business or not. I don't want to go buying up everything just because he can. I want them to have meaning in his life. I might buy into the theatre for example as he worked every day there and it seems like something he might be interested in. I could also buy into the grocery store because technically, they probably help supply the diner, so it would make sense there.

But for now, his little diner is keeping him more than happy...

Photobucket

*** Comment Highlight ***

Elizabeth said...
The option to become a partner comes up when your sim household has enough money. It will show up for most of the other venues once Max holds more concerts and autograph sessions ;-)

I've only had one sim household buy out the entire business. It was the bookshop. The extra options seemed to be renaming it (which I tried and it worked a charm) and hiring/firing employees, which I didn't try. It doesn't seem terribly interactive though, so I imagine there isn't too much hard work and not too many consequences.

Now, I've read somewhere (I can't remember where so I'm not sure if it's true) that when you switch active households you lose the deeds from your inventory and your sim no longer owns the business, effectively losing your money. I'm not sure if you can sell the business again to recoup your money, or put the deed somewhere on the lot so that it doesn't disappear, but watch out for that if you change households. I suppose the same thing holds true for rewards like the collection helper?

So many sim questions... I don't think I helped at all there! ;-)

Thankyou Elizabeth!!

2 comments:

  1. The option to become a partner comes up when your sim household has enough money. It will show up for most of the other venues once Max holds more concerts and autograph sessions ;-)

    I've only had one sim household buy out the entire business. It was the bookshop. The extra options seemed to be renaming it (which I tried and it worked a charm) and hiring/firing employees, which I didn't try. It doesn't seem terribly interactive though, so I imagine there isn't too much hard work and not too many consequences.

    Now, I've read somewhere (I can't remember where so I'm not sure if it's true) that when you switch active households you lose the deeds from your inventory and your sim no longer owns the business, effectively losing your money. I'm not sure if you can sell the business again to recoup your money, or put the deed somewhere on the lot so that it doesn't disappear, but watch out for that if you change households. I suppose the same thing holds true for rewards like the collection helper?

    So many sim questions... I don't think I helped at all there! ;-)

  1. Oooh that does help thankyou!! I've added your comments to the blog post so that anyone coming in to read it will also know.

    I didn't realise it was just a money thing. Then again, Max is the first of my Sims to actually HAVE any money haha!!