Wednesday, August 26, 2009

at 2:21 PM Tags: , Posted by Soapinatrix

The garden that Adrian loved so much, the same one that gave Adrian and his father time together, is all but dead. I had planned to keep it going, but it's just too much work. I should have known because two Sims looking after it barely kept it weed free, I couldn't really expect Emily to do it on her own, let alone alone with two toddlers. I had tried to put a sprinkler down to at least cut out the watering time, but Adrian planted the garden down the side of the house, and a sprinkler doesn't fit.

Waters Family
Waters Family

I managed to get a couple of last harvests out of it, which is good because without that, I would have run out of money completely. But now they're all dead, there will be no more harvests. Emily can't quite bring herself to pull them all up yet... she keeps crying everything she goes outside. Perhaps it's still memories of Adrian working out there every day. One day, down the track, I might plant a small garden to replace it, in memory of Adrian.

While I really like the gardening in Sims 3, I do also miss the ability to hire gardeners from Sims 2. I want the nice garden, and I want to be able to potter around in it, but I don't necessarily want to spend every waking minute out there. I'd love to be able to hire a gardener to come say once a week, to play catch up on anything I've missed - or do it all if I'd had a busy week.

Or maybe, the ability to hire the town kids to water or weed it, so I can just harvest. Maybe that could even be a job our own Sim kids can do after school - to work on other people's gardens. And when they bring in a Seasons expansion (and they bloody better too), we'll have leaves falling - how many kids got pocket money for raking up leaves? That's something that could be incorporated into the gardening aspect.

Not to mention mowing the lawns... my grass stays very short for a game with no lawn mowers.

3 comments:

  1. http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html

    This is the link I could not give you on the forum for the codec. It works for XP and Vista. If you download this and run, it will hopefully fix your video problem in movie maker. The site has a pretty good help if you get lost. Sorry to add to your blog you can delete this comment.

  1. Heya. Thanks for the link. Downloaded and installed and still not working :(

  1. Hi amazing two posts :]]

    Love it

    my Sims 3 are working sooooo slow :[[[