Friday, July 31, 2009

at 8:57 AM Tags: , Posted by Soapinatrix

With a Dr's salary, Melani's been able to hire a housekeeper every now and then. Yay! However, I refuse to pay $125 every day when there's just not enough cleaning to justify it. Payment should be based on cleaning done, not just a daily flat fee. But, that's how Sims work apparently, which is fine, I just don't have to play by their rules.

Instead, I tend to let my house get a bit unkempt, and then hire a cleaner for a single day, let them do their thing, and then cancel the service. Once a week tends to be enough. That let's them pick up all the rotting newspapers and do things like scrub the benches. Beds I don't really care if they're made, although it would be nice to see them change the sheets once in a while. /shudder

My shower is self cleaning after my handiness ability to upgrade it came into play - it was the first thing I did, and boy do I wish I could transfer that skill into real life! My oven also got the same upgrade because really, who wants to clean that appliance after a couple of days of toasted cheese sandwiches and goopy carbonara?

Outside of that though, there's not a lot that needs to be cleaned. The maids don't vacuum the carpets, nor do they mop the floors. And I know the ability to mop the floors is there from all the times my pre-upgraded shower busted, or my toilet leaked (ew!). I don't see them scrubbing the sink, washing the windows, dusting, washing clothes (given I never change, that one doesn't surprise me) or doing the multitude of other tasks we do in real life.

So what do they clean in order to sleep at night taking $125 of my hard earned simoleons? This...

Notice the bored look in her eyes? That's her thinking "god is this day over already? This house has nothing to do, why am I hear? Life is so pointless right now..." No seriously, you don't get all that from her facial expression?

This is what I'm paying $125 a day for them to do? Clean their... teeth? And I don't know many maids that travel with their toothbrush... so whooo's toothbrush might she be using there?!

Maids. Useless unless you're playing a male sim...

0 comments: