Monday, July 20, 2009

at 9:16 PM Tags: , Posted by Haydies

So, I created The Waters Family (the insane asylum) because I have been very, very busy working on a project. Because I have been working so hard - and I'm happy to say almost done working on it - I've not really been having a chance to play with my Sims. So I had the idea to create a family that I wasn't going to touch in any way and let them play out in the background to entertain me. Sort of like a screen saver to stare at when your brain needs a break.

But... they were BORING! So bloody boring. Yes they can look after themselves to a certain extent - grandpa really did push the boundaries of hygiene however - but other than that, they never did anything. They stuck around the house and did nothing. So I was forced to start nudging them along... with my foot. Autonomy is great when you need to pee in real life, you're Sims won't die. But outside of that, they don't do anything on their own, they have no story to tell you.

Problem is, I am approaching the end of my project, I'm almost at the finish line. And because I've had to intervene with The Waters, I've grown somewhat attached. I had never planned to really keep this family, and had certainly no plans to continue playing them after my busy period was over. But... I kinda like them. The insane ways of eating out of the garbage bin and talking to the fridge have won me over.

And now... there's kids involved. Everything's harder when theirs kids involved!

Arg, I don't know what to do. I have too many families and so not enough time. Although Max has some proving to do because the life of a Rockstar might be glamorous for him, but it's not really ringing my bells at the moment. He's more a Saturday night Sim - for when I want to party and see how many female Sims I can bed down. =p

So what do I do? Do I keep the Waters and slot them into my playing time somehow? Or do I bite the bullet and kill them all off? I can't just stop playing them and leave them there... I need to embrace or cut all ties.

Am I the only one with FIVE active families out there?! Maybe it's me that's insane...

0 comments: