Monday, July 27, 2009

at 8:57 PM Tags: , Posted by Soapinatrix

I've always tried to let my Sims tell me as much of the story as I do dictate it. Yes it's just a game, but they live game versions of real lives, so they seem a lot more real to me. Because of this, I let their wishes tell me what they want, and generally, try to fulfill as many as possible. But, what do you do when a Sims wish conflicts with the basic story plan you had in mind?

I had The Waters Family (nut jobs that I let run free reign mostly) loaded tonight while I did a little bit of work. I logged in to Adrian (father), Emily (mother) and newest addition (baby Susie) coming home from the Hospital. After they got home, I purchased a second crib, made sure they all ate something and everyone promptly fell fast asleep.

All happy families...

The very next morning however, things changed. Somewhere between purchasing the new bed (I got sick of the bad nights sleep moodlet) and sending Adrian out to do some gardening, this wish popped up:

(Click on the image to enlarge)

Adrian wants to break up?! Um... no. No, that's not part of the plan I had. They were meant to stay together! He was meant to bug the hell out of Emily, who of course would take it all because she loved him and kinda thought she couldn't do any better. I mean let's face it, she's not the prettiest Sim in town right?

But, they were meant to stay together! I was going to keep popping out the kids until Emily went insane or the whole family just imploded. But now what? Do I keep my motto of allowing the Sims wishes to be followed and thus, keep allowing them to have some say over their lives? Or do I ignore all of that just because it goes against my idea of them?

I actually feel like Adrian's going to resent me if I don't allow this wish to take place. But, I don't know why he's unhappy, and there's no "Sim Therapy" to help me out with that matter. Thinking of Sim therapy however, perhaps I should look into a real life support group because clearly, if I think my Sim's going to be angry with me for not allowing them to break up the happy home, there is something wrong with me.

I'm so confused right now... help! What do I do? Are there other players out there that let their Sims tell the story and lead their own lives? Or am I more nuts than I think? =p

(( P.S. At least I learnt their actual names now. That's up from calling them 'husband sim' and 'grandma sim' lol! ))

2 comments:

  1. You could just cancel it... lol

    xx Torii-Lee

  1. But that's the whole problem - do I or don't I cancel it.

    Second last main paragraph...

    *****
    Do I keep my motto of allowing the Sims wishes to be followed and thus, keep allowing them to have some say over their lives? (ie follow the wish) Or do I ignore all of that just because it goes against my idea of them? (ie ignore the wish)