Saturday, July 4, 2009

at 7:30 PM Tags: Posted by Haydies

I remember getting asked that question all the time when I was pregnant. My reply was along the lines of 'either is fine' or 'oh god, I don't know, which you think is better?' depending on if I was feeling nasty or nice. Some people wish they could chose, however most are happy so long as it's healthy.

But of course in the Sims world, we control everything. And this apparently includes the sex of any children you want to have. Want the perfect boy then girl senario? Or maybe you'd like a football team of all boys? No problem, just watch what you eat!

According to this thread over at the Sims 3 official forums, it's no longer a case of apples and oranges, but in fact, apples and watermelons. If you would like a girl, start stuffing the watery sweetness down the hatched, and if you would like a boy, well you know the saying - an apple a day...

There are some catches you have to be aware of. It's not a simple case of simply eating either fruit raw, you also have to watch for any meals you cook. I know I've cooked a batch of Grape Pancakes with my chef sim, but apparently more common is the apple pancake. Also worth noting is that the fruit parfait contains apples as well. You need to stick WELL clear of anything even containing apples to concrete your change of having a girl.


2 comments:

  1. After reading the game guide it says three apples should be enough for a boy and three watermelon for a girl. Also if you want to increase your chances of twins/triplets then listen to the kids channel on the radio and/or watch the kids channel on the TV. To control the two traits that the baby starts with you need to keep momma happy during the pregnancy (allows you to pick one trait and other is random) and the traits are postive. If she was in an ok mood then they are picked randomly. Bad mood means randomly picked AND negative traits. You can also head on down to the bookstore and pick up the baby books. This combined with good mood momma increases your chance to be able to pick BOTH traits.

  1. Interesting... I'll have to pay closer attention to what my pregnant Sims eat in the future. I feel like I've had more girls, but I think overall it's been fairly even.