Sunday, June 14, 2009

at 7:49 PM Tags: , Posted by Haydies

Welcome to Melani's latest addition to the family - Baby Ricky!

Melani went into labour RIGHT as she got into bed. Oh the poor thing was at the end of her energy bar as it was, crawls into the nice, comfy bed and literally as her head hit the pillow, her waters hit the floor. Baby time! At first I couldn't figure out why she was getting straight out of bed, then I got the message that the baby was on it's way.

As mentioned in the OMG what stupid babysitters!! post, Melani had Ricky at the hospital. I was surprised to learn that because I hadn't read any pregnancy books (hello?! I read them with Seth, I can remember you know), and due to the emotional turmoil *glares at Hal*, I wasn't given the privelage of choosing Ricky's traits. I was able to choose his name, but that's all.

What did I get given? Light Sleeper and Slob. Brilliant. Just what I need in a second child when there's no husband (or man in general for that matter). I'm tired enough as it is, I don't need a baby that's going to wake every 5 minutes to then turn into a child who can't pick up after themselves. Oi!

Although, on the other hand, it does make the game feel a little more real. After all, you don't get to pick and choose your childrens traits in real life do you? (Oh how I wish!) It would be almost like Pod People as we chose things like neat, clean, easy going...

What did surprise me is that Hal rocked up to the Hospital. I didn't call him, but he was there. And he even took the cab ride home with me, walked inside the house and promptly put Ricky on the floor. He then stole MY side of the bed and fell asleep. Damnit! I just laboured the child out of me, on a night of no sleep - HAL should have stayed up to look after him while I slept.


Good to see Men are just as useless in game! *ducks rotten tomatoes*

1 comments:

  1. As weird as it might sound, I've actually been trying to STOP my sims from reading pregnancy books and such lately... because I want them to force some traits upon my children.

    I've played the good, smart, creative, etc traits too much. And even if I'm trying to go for something different, I'm still seeing a pattern of traits I select.