Thursday, June 25, 2009

at 7:59 AM Tags: Posted by Haydies

In EQ and WoW it was called alt-itis. It's the playing of many characters. In WoW you tend to have one 'main' character, and then you have your alts, or, alternative characters. I suppose you could call it the same for Sims, but since I haven't even managed to land on a main family yet, it's simply Sim-itis at this stage... I think.

Since Nicky (the thief) discovered those seeds and planted them, it's been making me want to tend a garden. But really, a thief... gardening? Just doesn't fit in with my image of her. Although at least all black clothing won't show the dirt too bad lol.

My very first family included a wanna-be chef. I knew I'd play a cook before the game was even released, right after I heard that you could follow that career path. I had planned to own my own restaurant, but of course there is no Open for Business portion to TS3. I have since found out you can own shares in community lots, and eventually buy the business out. So I want to look into that avenue.

Anyway, getting sidetracked. Since having the garden, which Nicky has neglected as it just takes too much of her time being evil and stealing things, I've wanted to do it properly. Last night laying in bed, I was day dreaming of making yet another Sim! I want to make an athletic (likes to jog), fantastic cook who jogs through the park to find seeds to create her master garden. Which of course become the ingredients in her simply fantastic cooking.

I was also thinking I could throw party animal in there and treat it more as a hosting of dinner parties than throwing all out raves. Basically any excuse to cook...

That will be my 4th city save spot though. I'm kinda glad they only give you 4 right now. I'd jump between all my Sims depending on what mood I am in that night, but do you think that will take away from the game play a bit? People get so attached to their sims that they stick through generations of them. Me? I don't even hit adulthood before I'm jumping ship to the next new thing lol.

Maybe I'll look it more as a Sitcom... my families are just the different story lines.

2 comments:

  1. In case no one's mentioned it, I'm sure you can have more than four save slots. As soon as I saved a fifth it allowed me to scroll through them in the main menu.

  1. Oooh ok, I didn't know that. I suspected last night when I saved my 4th game slot, but figured I wouldn't test it just in case I found out I could have more lol.

    For now I'll (hopefully) stop at 4. Haven't really got enough time to play them properly let alone more families hehe.