Thursday, October 1, 2009

at 10:50 AM Tags: , , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

Needing a bit of a break from all the drama that Max is bringing to his world for a moment, I decided to pop on over to The Waters Family and see how they were doing. The last time I played them, Emily was picking herself back up by changing careers, trying desperately to meet a man and in the process met Rainer. It's good to see her moving on, I don't think Adrian will be too upset as we saw in Ghosts at Play...

Fast fowarding to now, I came in the day before Emily's birthday. I can't believe how quickly time has passed!! Taking her from young adult to an adult, it's now time to grow up. If I was to compare the sims to real life, I would put the young adult stage up to around 30, then the adult stage from 30 through to 50 where they then become an elder. So I look at Emily as an early 30's at the moment, which is still young enough to accomplish things... such as the rest of her family. (Her lifetime wish is to raise 5 children and she's 3 short...)

Since Adrian's passing, Emily has been coming out of her shell more, getting out in town and generally making more friends. This is a great thing as she really never left the house when Adrian and Grandpa were around, they didn't like her being anywhere other than at home doing her chores and making sure they were both looked after. Because she has been getting out though, there were lots of good friends and neighbours at her birthday party - the house was packed!



Emily is obviously one of those sims that just don't change all that much with age - lucky her. I really didn't see any difference in her looks... did you?

The video doesn't show it, but Rainer was present at her party. Emily and Rainer seem to have really hit it off and spent the majority of the night chatting to each other in the corner. Completely oblivious to what was going on around them, they seemed so smitten with each other and in their own little world. And the good news was there was no mooching for any money this time, good man Rainer.

One sim that was missing from the party however was Thomas. Noticing his absence I went searching for his wear abouts and was surprised to find him here...

Photobucket

What is a child doing in an abandoned warehouse? Especially sitting upstairs, alone? I honestly didn't know what to think when I saw this. I mean I know Thomas is weird, and he's not exactly the most honest kid in town, but this is just a little too bizarre...

Just as I was starting to run all sorts of scenarios through my head - like he was involved in some sort of drug smuggling ring - I realised was nothing more than kids being where they shouldn't. Thomas was not alone...

Photobucket

While it's good to know it's not more serious, it does give some insight into the sort of sim Thomas is growing up to be. I think he's going to follow in his father's footsteps of being evil and take it one step further by committing crimes. At least Adrian was just crazy and a little nasty, he never broke the law...

I watched them for a little while and they didn't really do much - just loitered. It reminded me of the annoying teenagers that hang out in car parks of McDonald's restaurants thinking they're really cool. This is just a younger version, I'm sure I'll find them hanging out outside the local diner when they age up a bit lol.

With the message popping up that it was past Thomas' curfew, I was surprised to see it already after 10pm and popped back to see how Emily's birthday party was going. Either they partied themselves out, or it was very boring... everyone was asleep. What was most interesting however, was that Rainer was asleep in Emily's bed. Ooooh

Frustratingly I didn't get a screenshot of it (bugger it), but I guess Emily got a birthday wish fulfilled? What makes me think this way? This!

Photobucket

A few mornings after her party, I couldn't but notice Emily kept touching her stomach all morning... are you thinking what I'm thinking?

2 comments:

  1. OMG!
    it's possible that Emily is pregnant? and from Rainer? o_O

  1. Anything possible in the lives on my sims LOL