Monday, October 12, 2009

at 7:49 AM Tags: , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

With Bella being pregnant again, she decided to take the relationship matters into her own hands. She gave Max an ultimatum - marry her, or leave!! Yikes! Being brought up in a fairly old fashioned way, Bella didn't believe in kids before marriage but had let the first birth slide as she was terrified of Max leaving her at the time. Now, things were different, she wasn't afraid to go at it alone should be chose to run. Two pregnancies and a 3rd child on the way, it was time for Max to step up and do the right thing, or she'd find another man who could.



Thankfully Max is just as smitten with Bella as she is with him. I don't know why Max insists on still seeing Melani if he's so in love with Bella, but at least he's doing the right thing here. That, or he's doing what ever is necessary to keep her.

Now remember yesterday's blog showed Max having the wish to propose to Bella, and yet the video shows it the other way round? I didn't manage to get a screenshot for some odd reason (I'm sure I took one), but Bella also had the wish come up to ask Max for his hand in marriage. I figured this might be a bit more believable coming from her - how many of us would have trusted Max had he been the one doing the asking?

Even though Bella was already pregnant for the wedding, I had thought ahead enough to pre-plan her outfit, so she was able to wear a proper wedding gown. I'm still disappointed that poor Emily had to get married in a simple summer dress because you can't "plan outfits" when already pregnant. But you can change into one... so I just made sure Bella already had her wedding dress ready and waiting. I couldn't watch a sim as pretty as her get married in her house clothes.

And what a beautiful bride she made!!

Photobucket

Stunning!

I decided to have a simple home wedding as the twins were still just babies and they would either be left behind, or left on the ground! Neither of which was an acceptable option for me. They were just as much part of the family as Bella and Max and deserved to be present at the wedding, even if it was just in the Nursery. This is where I'd LOVE to have swings or bouncers in game as they could have been out with everyone else.

Max and Bella also have a big enough house to make a wedding there a possibility - a bonus side effect of the house being designed around lots of parties for Max.

Like all weddings, there were nerves and I will admit to watching Max like a hawk as I was really worried he might do a runner. He doesn't exactly depict the pillar of stability here does he?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then again, neither does Bella... I just put it down to all nerves and hoped the wedding went without a hitch. It was an uncomfortable start to the day which wasn't helping my nerves any.

I'm still disappointed there is absolutely nothing special about a wedding - no cut scene, no ability to really "walk down the isle" etc. I realise Bella's dad is no longer with us, but perhaps Michael (her brother) could have given her away or something a bit more wedding like? Instead, they all just loitered around until rings were exchanged...



I have to give props to Max for not answering his phone. The whole time it was ringing I was waiting for him to answer it, and waiting for it to be Melani or something equally bad. Then again, she's not called Max at all since Eric had a go at him, nor has Max really had any new wishes come up to see her so who knows what's going on there.

The wedding went without a hitch, and without a wedding cake which is another pet peeve of mine. I mean c'mon EA - you KNOW this game is played by a majority female and gay audience, you KNOW we want to have dream weddings and you can't even give us a wedding cake? Poor form...

Still, cake or no cake, Max and Bella are now husband and wife. Because Bella asked Max, all surnames changed to "Bachelor" which bugged me as I didn't even have the option to choose which surname would be used, but I'll live with it. I could go down to town hall and change them all to Amillion which was Max's surname, but meh... not that worried lol.

Here's to a happy marriage!! *chink*

3 comments:

  1. I love how max ignores his phone too.

  1. Ok, so when's the other shoe gonna drop on poor Max here... Or is it poor Bella??? Glad he ignored the phone too. Maybe there is a chance here.

  1. OMG!
    So funny how Max the rock star was jumping all excited! A bit gayish i must confess... i don't like that animation that EA did for the guys when they get proposed :(
    Bella was beautiful indeed... that gown hides so perfectly the preggie belly! I want one dress like that!
    and the most interesting fact: the matter that Melani stopped chasing Max, since Eric have the argue with Max... that could be a way to end an extra-marital affair?
    When Eric passes away... Melani would still chase Max?