Friday, October 16, 2009

at 1:27 PM Tags: , , , , Posted by Soapinatrix

When you have your first child, you blow a roll of film on their first poop. You record everything - their first outfit, first smile, the first time they try food. Their first attempt at crawling and of course first steps. Everything is new, fantastic and must be documented.

By the second child, you take photos of your first child holding the second, playing with the second etc. And you remember to capture their first steps, and their first birthday.

By the third... you capture their first birthday and any other shot they happen to be in with the other kids.

Now... what if your first child is actually a twin? And then what if your next birth is also twins? It has to be even worse, right? This is the only thing I can use to explain my complete lack of screenshot captures or video footage when Bella not only became pregnant again, but also went into labour for the third time. With 4 newborns to chase after already - which is not an easy feat let me tell you - I completely forgot to stop and celebrate Bella's third pregnancy. Sorry Bella.

Of course, with no "look at Bella - she's pregnant again" image, I have to jump in a bit late and mention that after Max and Bella's fight, they both returned home around the same time and had a good talk. Max appologised for his overreaction, and Bella explained that yes she had said no, but that was only until the other babies had grown up a bit.

After their talk, they both agreed to wait a little bit, but fate decided to step in because a few days later, poor Bella was throwing up every 5 minutes. Checking the age of the 4 babies already, there was no way they were going to age up to toddlers before the new arrival, so I purchase yet another cot.

Photobucket

Ta-da!! A little girl. Does the name look familiar at all? Unfortuantely when you have so many babies to look after, you don't have to time to get to know them very well, and I'm a little ashamed to say I wasn't keeping track of their names. This was the second Samantha baby to receive this name lol. I later sent Max down to the Town Hall to change her name to Kelly....

In what is becoming a bachelor tradition, the fun didn't stop there...

Photobucket

You've GOT to be kidding me??!! TWINS?! AGAIN?!!

Yes... twin girls. I was so not expecting this and compeltely freaked out for a moment or two lol. How the hell was I going to look after SIX BABIES?!

I'm so glad I discovered the random trait generator as there's just no way I could have through up yet more combinations after 6 babies lol.

Photobucket Photobucket

Of course, the Nursery had to be redesigned - it was already hard enough walking from room to room with two sets of twins, I wasn't about to add on a third room for these two. With the existing nursery layout, I couldn't fit 4 cots into one room, which meant the new twins would have had to be seperated and I didn't want that either.

So instead, I knocked out the wall dividing the two rooms and put all 6 babies into the one massive room. I had to add doors at each end as it was impossible for everyone to get in and out with just the one.

Photobucket

With six babies, I now have a babysitter full time, so that's also a third sim that needs to get in and out... well, IN because the poor babysitter doesn't ever leave the room there's that much to do. What a cruel employer I am - no break, no toilet, no food LOL.

I really hate how you have to hire a babysitter everytime you need them and can't put them on any sort of schedule. I mean, I need them more than just when Max goes to work so it doesn't really matter at the moment, but still annoying. For now, I resign to calling for a babysitter just after midnight each night - a babysitter only lasts till the end of the day you call them, so calling them at 12:01am gives me 24 hours of assistance as they leave at midnight the following day.

If anyone is ever feeling bored with The Sims and wants to try something new - 6 babies. Trust me, you barely have enough time to blink and everyone gets pushed to their limits lol. Thankfully Max has pulled his socks right up, because there is NO WAY Bella could do this on her own... what a different life Max leads now...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh my... *shakes head*

    It's like a toddlermania challenge or something (which I've never had the courage to try). Three sets of twins in a row!

    What can I say; I'm speechless!

  1. I say this a lot with Max... but Wow. 3 sets of twins???? That is incredible.

  1. Oh Goodness!
    I bet Bella was in another re-incarnation a bunny or hammie! XD
    I wonder... how many kids this pair are going to raise??